This article may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you’re a high-adrenaline bike enthusiast, the Segway X260 electric dirt bike is the perfect tool for you. This is a light, flexible, and powerful bike with a dual drive system, incorporating both a chain and a propelling belt for the best driving performance.
The bike ranks at the top of the list in terms of material quality, construction profile, and responsiveness, among other things. But with so many other types of dirt bikes available, what makes this one come on top?
Let’s get into that!
Full Specs of Segway Dirt eBike X260
Here’s what to expect from the Segway X260:
|Product Name – Dirt eBike w/74.6 mi Max Operating Range & 46.6
mph Max Speed
|Product Weight – 121.3 pounds
|Batteries Included – Yes
|Brand – Segway
|Battery Charge Time – 4 hours
|Battery Chemistry – Lithium-Ion Polymer
|Electric Bike Classification – Class 3
|Battery Voltage – 60 volts
|Removable Battery – Yes
|Bike Style – Electric Bike
Maximum Operating Range – 74.6 miles
|Motor Power – 5kW (7 hp)
|Assembly Required – Yes
|Motor Power – 700 watts
|Suspension – Multi-link hydraulic spring central rear suspension
|Model Number – Dirt eBIKE X260 – Black
|Maximum Speed – 46.6 mph
|Throttle – Twist throttle
|Color – Black
|Maximum Weight Capacity – 250 pounds
|Controller – Segway OEM IP67 grade waterproof controller
Naturally, though, you can’t really decide on the bike’s profile and appeal simply by checking its general specs. So, let’s dig a bit further for that:
Brakes and Suspension
The brakes and suspension fall under the OEM tag (Original Equipment Manufacturer) which means that they comprise of a highly advanced material designed to push for optimal performance. The Segway X260 dirt bike comes with regenerative brakes that delivers a boost of energy from the brake plates to the bike’s battery.
The suspension consists of a hydraulic spring gear paired with a double-shoulder. This feature provides the bike with boosted steering capabilities and improved stability in rough terrain conditions.
Plus, Segway X260 offers the rider the possibility to adjust the front and rear shocks. This ensures high customizability depending on the terrain’s profile and the rider’s riding behavior; not something you can easily ignore.
Dual Drive System
The dual-drive system should be a treat for all electric bike lovers. We’re talking about the marriage between a chain and a belt working to propel the bike faster with a more aggressive torque. Expect to reach 46.6 mph in less than 7 seconds with a 184.3 ft-lbs torque.
It’s quite an impressive feat for a 121 lbs electric bike. It’s actually so impressive that it can get out-of-hand quite easily. We have a lot of power here, mixed with only one gear. The one-gear setup brings all that power under a single throttle turn, which can deliver an unexpected propelling power. So, be gentle with the throttle at first, until you become more accustomed to the beast.
Very smooth and sleek. This is a slim and athletic bike with a lightweight frame built of aviation-grade aluminum alloy. If the X260’s overall design appears familiar, that’s because it is. It resembles the Sur-Ron Light Bee X’s design and that’s because the latter has been its inspiration.
Hey, if it’s not broken, don’t fix it, right?
You’re getting a left-hand LED dashboard displaying battery status, the odometer, and the speed and this is not all. The Segway X260 electric bike also comes with its own mobile app. The Ninebot app streamlines the bike’s core indicators, allowing you to check and modify them in real time.
You can install the app and activate it simply by turning the ignition key. A pretty cool feature if you’re looking for ease of access to the bike’s circulatory system.
Wheels and Tires
Naturally, the bike comes with high-spec off road tires and 70/100-19 aluminum rims. Everything is designed to provide a mix of high performance, lightweight frame, and peak adaptability, allowing you to tackle any type of road, no matter how rough and challenging.
What is the Size of Segway Dirt eBike X260?
We like to be thorough here, so here are some size-related specs to consider:
- Wheels – 19 inches
- Length/Width/Height ratio – 74 x 30.7 x 41.3 inches (188.5 x 78 x 105 cm)
- Wheelbase – 49.8 inches
- Seat Height – 31.9 inches (81 cm)
Needless to say, the Segway X260 eBike is also highly customizable. You can easily adjust the seat and the handle bars so even 6-feet-and-above people can drive it comfortably. You probably won’t need to do that if you’re up to 5.5-5.8, since that’s the standard height setup. But don’t let that stop you, given that the Segway is a highly customizable piece.
How Fast Does the Segway Dirt eBike X260 Go?
You can go up to 46.6 mph which is standard and sufficient, should we say, for an off-road experience. This allows you to mix up your off-road riding style between short speed bursts and elegant pogo-stick-style hops on high-variety terrains. It’s worth noting that the bike reaches 30 mph in 4.0 seconds flat, so the acceleration is quite impressive, especially since you only have one gear to work it.
How Much Does the Segway Dirt eBike X260 Weigh?
The X260 is heavier than its predecessor, the X160. While the latter is 105.8, the X260 gets to 121.3, battery included. Don’t let this fool you, though; the X260 sacrifices nothing in favor of the additional weight. The aviation-grade aluminum alloy keeps the bike even lighter than it should be, given its powerful motor and energy-efficient battery.
Combine this with the high-grade suspension system and you won’t even feel the extra 16 pounds.
How Much Power Does the Segway Dirt eBike X260 Have?
We’re talking about a 60-volt battery delivering a nominal power of 700 watts. This, combined with the 184.3 ft-lbs torque (250 N-m), makes all the difference in terms of power and acceleration. It’s not perfectly matchable with high-grade petrol-based machines, but it’s quite impressive for an electric bike, including an off-roader.
How Big is the Battery on Segway Dirt eBike X260?
Unfortunately, there is no information available on the battery’s size. We’ve contacted the manufacturer for details, but we’ve yet to hear from them on the matter. What we can say, is that the X260 battery is extremely manageable. It doesn’t take sufficient space to create any discomfort during the rides.
What is the Range of Segway Dirt eBike X260?
The maximum operating range is 74.6 miles at a manageable speed. You can most likely cover more than that, given that the bike’s top speed is 46.6 mph and the battery’s lifespan is 2 hours. But, since you will be running on off road tracks for the most part, you’re unlikely to get there easily.
What Tires Do You Need for Segway Dirt eBike X260?
The X260 requires 70/100-19 19 inches off-road tires for optimal performance. The bike’s manufacturer should provide you with a spare set in case yours run their lifespan. This is actually quite likely given that the X260 is incredibly resilient and optimized which increases its lifespan considerably compared to its predecessors.
How Long Does it Take to Charge the Segway Dirt eBike X260?
The battery needs 4 hours for a 0-100% charge and lasts 2 hours before it needs another charging run.
Is the Segway Dirt eBike X260 Easy to Ride?
All the reviews we’ve managed to check are pretty adamant in this sense: the X260 offers a comfortable and smooth riding experience. This is due to the combination of high-end double-shoulder suspension system, sleek design, adjustable seat, and high maneuvrability, making the X260 a real sweetheart.
The bike is perfect for any off-road scenario and can accommodate all riders, no matter their size and weight. Within certain limits, of course.
Is the Segway Dirt eBike X260 Good for a Beginner?
The X260 is great for beginners thanks to its simplicity and sturdiness. You only have one gear to work with, the bike is extremely responsive and safe, and the Ninebot app offers a detailed outlook on the bike’s core parameters. This provides you with a unique riding experience, making it perfect for both beginners and experienced riders, looking for something new.
How Much Does the Segway Dirt eBike X260 Cost?
The bike is listed for $6,499.99 on the official store. That being said, you can get it from bestbuy and other specialized websites for $4,999. The difference is in the customer support and benefits that come with getting the bike from the original manufacturer.
How Do You Clean Your Segway Dirt eBike X260?
The cleaning process isn’t that much different than a normal off-road bike, but it does come with some changes. After all, we’re dealing with an electric machine here. So, consider the following:
- Remove the battery – This should be a no-brainer. While the battery is perfectly sealed, you don’t want to take any chances, because any water coming in risks breaking the battery altogether. Especially since you will be using a pressure washer. Fortunately, the battery is pretty easy to remove; you only need to unscrew the bolts and lift the battery up. Make sure you unplug the battery connectors before removing the piece.
- Protect the electrical wiring – We’re talking about the connectors first and foremost here. I recommend sealing them in a plastic cover to prevent water from reaching the sensitive wiring. Use duct tape to seal the area perfectly.
- Clean the battery – The battery can also get dirty, especially if you’re running in extremely muddy areas. Use a wet piece of soft cloth or a towel to clean it gently. Don’t use pressure washing and don’t submerge the battery in the water. I doubt this even needed to be said, but I like being cautious.
- Pressure washing – If you’ve had dirt bikes before, you’re most likely pretty accustomed to the cleaning process. A pressure washer is necessary to remove all the dirt and solid gunk that may have accumulated on your bike. A 2,000-psi pressure washer should do the trick. I even recommend going for an electric pressure washer if you’re after a more silent cleaning session.
- Extra cleaning – The pressure washing process eliminates all the dirt and mud, but it’s what follows that represents the meat of the cleaning procedure. I recommend a degreaser, a wash concentrate, and a shine protectant to finish the job in style. You need a brush and a microfiber towel for the best results. As a pro tip – prioritize non-corrosive products to prevent the solutions from stripping the bike’s lubrication agents. You’ll thank me later.
- How to do it – Get a hand-held foam cannon and mix 4 ounces of water concentrate with water until the container is full. Connect the cannon to the pressure washer and spray the bike with the mix. You should see a nice white foam covering your X260. Use the brush to scrub wherever you consider necessary, rinse with water, and apply another layer of concentrate. Let the concentrate sit for a couple of minutes and rinse again. Apply degreaser on the lubricated areas like the chain and use a smaller brush to scrub it clean.
- Finish the job – Now you can use the shine protectant. First, dry out the bike with the microfiber cloth. Then spray the shine protectant in all areas that usually accumulate mud. The shine protectant will make the bike sparkle and provide extra protection against mud and dirt.
After the cleaning process is complete, reinstall the battery and admire your work. You’ll get more proficient in the cleaning department with time, provided this is your first bike.
How to Service a Segway Dirt eBike X260?
There’s obviously too much for me to touch upon here. Fortunately, you can consult the bike’s user manual for extensive recommendations regarding operating, maintaining, and servicing the bike properly over time.
The manual includes information regarding suspension care, tire maintenance, overall maintenance tips and troubleshooting support, etc.
Typical Problems with Segway Dirt eBike X260
The X260 is sturdy and well-designed, so it doesn’t really have any problems worth mentioning. That being said, I have been able to identify some cons that people have mentioned over time. One of them is the lack of rear mudguard, so you should expect a muddy rear.
Another problem, although not as frequent, is the mobile app malfunctioning or refusing to connect.
Other than that, the bike operates at impeccable standards. You can discuss any issue with the customer support in case of running into any problems along the way.
Is the Segway Dirt eBike X260 Street Legal?
No, so I wouldn’t recommend testing your luck. Keep it on the dirt road where it’s supposed to be.
Segway Dirt eBike X260 versus Other Electric Dirt Bikes
|KTM SX-E 5
|50 mph / 31 mph
To summarize, the X260 falls short in terms of speed and battery charge time, but makes up for it in virtually all other areas. It’s the cheapest of the bunch, it offers the best mileage available, and delivers a more-than-impressive torque. What’s not to love?
Overall, I would say that the Segway dirt electric eBike x260 deserves one of the top spots in the off-road genre. It’s reliable, well-built, and delivers impressive performance and durability. It’s a safe buy if you ask me.
Image source: https://www.segway.com/dirt-ebike/